Link for On-Line Sunday Service at 10:00.
Sunday 09 August 2020, 10:00am
We look forward to joining together on Sunday, August 9th at 10:00 a.m.
The zoom link will be posted here on Saturday afternoon, August 8th.
Courtesies for the on-line service.
As a welcoming community for both visitors and those who attend regularly, we designate two hospitality persons each Sunday. This week they are Jillian Buckie and Paul Durber. Paul and Jillian welcome questions or comments, so feel free to send them a private chat and they will respond. They also periodically use the private chat to welcome a few people before or after the service as well as during the sharing of the peace.
We also have a zoom host to help with any technical questions you may have and this person monitors the service should anyone be intentionally disruptive. Our zoom host this week is Howard Clark.
1. We put the words of songs/hymns into the chat room as well as responsive texts and prayers to enhance participation
2. We keep everyone muted during the service to avoid inadvertent interruptions. We un-mute before and after the service.
3. We respect personal preferences for having video on or off for part or all of the service.
4. We ask that people identify themselves, at a minimum, by using their first name or initials.
Please feel free to contact our minister or church office if you have questions about First United, are seeking pastoral care, or want further information about our on-line services and courtesies.
Policy for On-line Service
With our move to on-line format during the COVID-19 pandemic, issues of privacy and cyber security have been introduced to Sunday morning church services. As a faith community, First United is dedicated to safeguard personal information while also promoting our tradition of openness, transparency, and welcome.
As a congregation, the following guidelines inform our on-line service.
1. It is important that we be able to identify persons attending the zoom service and request that people please use, a minimum, their proper first name or initials.
2. For individuals who might be uncomfortable to self-identify on-line, they can indicate such to the minister to make other arrangements.
3. To ensure that we know who is participating in the service on an on-going basis, our hospitality persons may contact anyone unknown to them by using the private chat feature, particularly if there is no video and the name is unrecognized
4. If an participant does not respect the courtesies of our on-line community, we reserve the right to remove them from the on-line service.